Importing existing autotools project as an Eclipse project is simple to do;
To do that on Linux:
- Make sure you have Eclipse for Linux Developers (or Eclipse CDT with Linux Tool) why? because Linux Developer version of Eclipse has Automake support
- Also make sure you have libtool and autmake installed on your distro
- Download your project may be as a bzip or gzip file
- Now run autoreconf -ivf (this generates your configure files)
- Please run ./configure (this generates the make file that Eclipse will be looking for to import your project in Eclipse workspace)
- Now import this project in Eclipse as a C/C++ automake project, point it to your project directory and use GNU Linux Autotools chain.